TrueKAST SCS Indications
INDICATIONS – The TrueKast Splinted Cushioning System is indicated/intended for the padding, cushioning and limited fixation of the foot and ankle:
- Non-infected foot and ankle open wounds
- Post-Reconstruction / Post-Operative care (surgical wounds, grafts, skin substitutes, suture lines, etc.
- Pre-ulcerative conditions
The TrueKast Splinted Cushioning System is intended to be used with patients that are not infected and have adequate bloody supply to foot and ankle, in conjunction with standard wound care regimens where wounds are present.
CONTRAINDICATIONS – The TrueKast Splinted Cushioning System is contraindicated for use in:
- Ulcers that have signs of clinical infection
- Patients with vascular status inadequate for healing
- Patients allergic to TrueKast Splinted Cushioning System component(s)
TrueKAST SCS Components
Toe Cotton, a thick, padded Stockinette (A, B), and our Patent-Pending, Total Foot Protection Pad Technology (C, D) help to ensure patient comfort, complete coverage of the foot and ankle, and cushioning of painful wounds, skin substitutes or grafts, surgical wounds/sutures, etc. 2 layers of Cast Padding (E) circumferentially wrapped provide a base for the 7-layer, Posterior Splint. The Splint (F) extends from the Dorsum of the Toes, along the Plantar, and up the leg to the lower calf. The Splint provides Offloading, Limited Fixation, and increased protection from impact trauma. 2 layers of Gauze Wrap (G) secure and conform the Splint, providing durability and strength. A cohesive bandage wrap (H) protects and supports the underlying layers. A durable cast shoe (I) provides a stable walking surface for patient confidence and safety.